Amethyst Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated for 25 years to the awakening of human potential through the creation of a culture of wellness and the conditions for learning, healing and living in innovative and meaningful ways. The organization was incorporated in the state of Pennsylvania in 1993 for charitable, educational, and social welfare purposes. Amethyst Retreat Center is the trade name used publicly to offer services and events supporting our vision and mission.
Our Team (click here to Meet our Team!)
Amethyst Foundation is managed by two all-volunteer teams working collaboratively to insure the fulfillment of the foundation’s vision, mission and values.
The foundation's Board of Directors provides non profit governance and is a team of 8 individuals with a well rounded complement of professional health, business and program management expertise.
The Community Council is a creative and talented team of 9 individuals overseeing and managing operations, public relations, community outreach, programming, and environmental care.
Amethyst Retreat Center is also supported by an engaged community of volunteers involved in the day to day care of the retreat center and surrounding grounds.
Amethyst Retreat Center is an inspiring environment dedicated to discovering innovative and meaningful ways of living, learning and healing. More than a beautiful, peaceful sanctuary, it is a center for an evolving culture of wellness through connection with Nature, connection with our spiritual source, and collaboration with each other.
We inspire, educate and demonstrate innovative ways of living, learning and healing through programs, workshops, retreat services, life celebrations and community focused public events:
• where social innovators and creators of a better world gather to collaborate and regenerate the systems and culture that create our future;
• where connection and recreation with Nature is a profound source of healing, wholeness and wisdom;
• where supporting and caring for each other is valued and is a source of fulfillment;
• where wellness and quality of life for the whole is nurtured and celebrated
• where our personal inner spiritual journey awakens us to the potential of our daily life;
• Equality - because human beings all share the desire for well being and quality of life
• Self-empowerment - because the future lies within us
• Gifting – discovering and sharing our gifts of healing, teaching, and living: giving of our skills, our resources, our time, ourselves
• Conscious Choice and Action - by considering the whole and asking "Does this enhance quality of life for me AND others?"
• Creativity - solving human problems creatively
• Simplicity in Living - by expressing gratitude rather than seeking more
• Collaboration – we must create this life and world together
Check our schedule regularly to see what we have planned. Email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.